Sunday, April 20, 2008
1. Do something that you are passionate about. It must be worthy of your time, talent and energy.2. Take care of those you love - they are your priority.
3. Be accepting of people you encounter and be nice to them - it costs nothing.4. Be bold, courageous and adventurous - trying and doing new things is good for your spirit.
5. Be decisive and have an opinion - a state of oblivion should not be acceptable.5. Be forgiving - bitterness eats away and it most definately doesn’t add to your charm.
6. Be optimistic, enthusiastic and cheerful. It impacts those around you.7. Loyalty and commitment - always a sign of character.
8. Deliver on your promises. In actual fact exceed peoples expectations. Keep in mind that is sucks being disappointed.9. Don’t be over-critical on everything and everyone around you - it’s purely a questions of perception and you aren’t perfect either.
10. Get moving and make things happen!
here's a list for you to ponder:
the hairdresser: Maurice
the pianist/interiors dealer: Miguel (Maurice's life-partner)
the art dealer: Cobis
the clinic's pre-admissions clerk: Jean (Cobis' life partner)
the clinic's liaison officer: Jobe
the printer/writer: Guillermo
3 course dinner
Liza with a "Z" (dvd)
Barbara Streisand CD collection
Cobis & Jean's house with a view of the bay.
Friday, April 18, 2008
Thursday, April 17, 2008
15 dried figs (500g)
italian country bread
fresh greens (watercress, rocket, baby spinach)
black olives, pitted
fresh rosemary & thyme
1x lemon & 1x orange
1x large red onion
sea salt & black pepper
white & red wine
75g cooked ham
1/2 cup of sugar
self raising flour
it's in my own hand - but I have no clue as to what it was for.
can you slap together a menu from this? (i want recipe's people!)
leave a recipe as a comment - or link to the recipe on your blog ;0)
out here in the blogosphere, we're quick to call a jig a meme. copy it, paste it, tag some peeps and forget about it. sharp! it's a meme...
yeah well no fine. so let's call it a blog-meme.
but it's not a real meme. remember my post about Mark Twain's meme?
that's the ticket. it's like a brain worm. it gets into your mind and stays – endlessly looping.
Andrew Johnston's requiem is a real meme.
he's been singing in my head since I saw his video on cb's blog.
i've played it for my parents - who've been humming it ever since.
i showed the video to a neighbor. she sings it at work.
i sing/hum the requiem.
i watch Andrew over and over again.
i've posted his video on my facebook profile.
i pray for him every evening at bed time.
i'm blogging about him again!
let him sing some more!!!
Andrew: record and release the track on the web - your magic is changing the world! your voice makes me happy. your song melts frozen hearts. from what i've seen - your song reconnects people to the Divine. sing, Andrew. sing!
to the Brits: vote for him!
Monday, April 14, 2008
Friday, April 11, 2008
New Yorkers Are Ultra-Sensitive About Color
Guy at bar: And so I keep trying to tell my wife that sienna is not a color.
Girl passing by: Yes it is! Burnt sienna is a crayon you slanderous prick!
--Restaurant, Bleecker Street
via Overheard in New York, Apr 11, 2008
sorry to burst the bouble, people, but these pictures are of disney world's "tree of life".
worth clogging up every inbox south of atlantis? no.
i wish people would think before forwarding bull:
- no-one sends you money for every mail you forward. spam doesn't pay.
- the angel of death will not weld your rectum shut if you don't forward spam.
- photos of mutant weredonkeys are fake. calm down to a panic and hit "delete".
- no government or super lottery uses yahoo accounts. they can afford their own domains. duh.
- doctors, kings, princes and deranged necromancers that offer you gazillions of dollars from some unattended spanish inheritance trust in nigeria are evil. give them your details and the angel of death will disembowel your smurf collection.
- spamming 7 people in 7 minutes will not bring you great fortune in 7 hours. nor will your long deceased great grandfather knock on your door at 7am to ask for some fresca.
- spamming 70 people, though, will magically invoke the demonic twin of chuck norris. pull yourself towards yourself and run - this dude doesn't wear pajamas...
- if you really want to know what color my underwear, favorite cyanide cocktail or answer to furry nipples is - phone me.
- i am not a better friend for returning/forwarding money-fairy emails. real friends will haul your delusional behind to the insane asylum, where nice people in padded rooms will talk to you about being napoleon and their passion for flying circumcisions.
- sending $50 to someone you don't know is very kind. you will not, however, find a yacht in your slippers in the morning.
Your Goth Name is:
1) what is your favorite memory of anything goth?
when I still presented the "Shadow Chamber" goth/metal show at MFM (university days) - my co-host's girlfriend came in to do a midnight scream on air *lol* we got so much sh!t for that one!
2) who is your favorite goth character- alive or dead/ real or fictional?
edward scissorhands, no doubt.
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Monday, April 07, 2008
The rules are:
1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
1) What was I doing 10 yrs ago?
I switched from B.A. Town and Regional Planning to the Interior Design program at Pretoria University (which I didn't complete either). Oh yes, and I kicked down my closet doors ;0)
2) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order):
1. Follow up on my job application in Taiwan
2. Pay some bills
4. Have a few quiet moments
5. Explore French House music
3) Snacks I enjoy:
Peanut snack-bars, Cheese, Yogurt
4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. Buy an island.
2. Build my parents' dream home next door to my own.
3. Fund Danabaai's planned church complex.
4. Build wind-turbines all along our coastline.
5. Commission enormous architectural projects.
6. Get me some killer heels. (You never know...)
5) Five of my bad habits:
3. If and when I lose my cool.
4. Assuming the worst.
6) 5 places I have lived:
7) 5 jobs I have had:
1. Radio host
2. Assistant lecturer at University
3. Media and Communications Officer for a gay-rights organization
4. Land Surveyor's assistant
5. Operations Manager at an organic composting business
8) 5 peeps I wanna know more about:
Thursday, April 03, 2008
i watched Yentl tonight, for the first time in who knows how long. and it's perfect. especially now that i'm preparing to go on my own "voyage", as it were.
Tell me where
Where is it written
What is it I meant to be?
That I can't dare...
It all began the day I found..
That from my window I could only see
A piece of sky.
I stepped outside and looked around.
I never dreamed it was so wide
Or even half as high.
The time had come
(Papa, can you hear me?)
To try my wings
(Papa, are you near me?)
And even thought it seemed at any moment I could fall,
I felt the most,
(Papa, can you see me?)
(Can you understand me?)
The things you can't imagine
if you've never flown at all.
Though it's safer to stay on the ground,
Sometimes where danger lies
There the sweetest of pleasures are found.
No matter where I go,
There'll be memories that tug at my sleeve,
But there will also be
More to question, yet more to believe..
Oh tell me where?
Where is the someone who will turn and look at me?
And want to share
My ev'ry sweet-imagined possibility?
The more I live - the more I learn.
The more I learn - the more I realize
The less I know.
Each step I take -
(Papa, I've a voice now!)Each page I turn -
(Papa, I've a choice now!)Each mile I travel only means
The more I have to go.
What's wrong with wanting more?
If you can fly - then soar!
With all there is - why settle for
just a piece of sky?
Papa, I can hear you...
Papa, I can see you...
Papa, I can feel you...
Papa, watch me fly!
why settle for just a piece of sky ;0)
(looks like a love for barbra streisand is part of pink genetic coding *lol*)
and remember to vote for your favorites!! especially if it's mine ;0)
Wednesday, April 02, 2008
Male Customer: I'll take a tall Colombian.
Male Barista: Does he have to be cute?
--Starbucks, Park Row
Overheard by: Tickled Pink
via Overheard in New York, Apr 1, 2008