after reading the post on time auditing for motivation over at the art of living life, i decided to make a list of the transient tasks that sometimes get left behind when i'm in one of my "i don't wanna"-funks. it's shocking to see how easy these tasks really are!
in theory, posting this list should help me remember how do-able they are - and hopefully help me get out of a slow funk more easily:
- making our bed: 3mins
- washing the dishes: 3mins (all our food comes in disposable containers)
- loading the washing machine (sorting the laundry): 5mins
- hanging up the laundry to dry: 10mins
- putting away the clean laundry: 15mins
- walk around the museum-park (exercise): 25mins
- lesson planning (curriculum provided): 30mins per class
- driving to my favorite convenience store: 2mins
- taking out the trash: 4mins (not counting the variable waiting period for the garbage truck)
- paying the rent (ATM banking): less than 2mins (@ the ATM)
- walking to the ATM: less than 5 mins
*lol* and for anyone who's ever doubted wondered - this is the song i associate with this exercise:
give me ABBA, give me Madge... it is utterly fagtastic!